Olympus Announces Live Webinar on the Differences between Original Equipment Manufacturers and Third-Party Repairs
A guide to understanding why only the OEM can guarantee reprocessing validation
CENTER VALLEY, Pa., (October 16, 2018) – Olympus, a global technology leader in designing and delivering innovative solutions for medical and surgical procedures, among other core businesses, announced today that they are hosting a live webinar entitled “The OEM Difference: Beyond What You Can See” on Thursday, November 8 at 3:00 PM EST. The webinar will explain the critical differences between an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and third-party repair in reprocessing flexible endoscopes.
The importance of reprocessing flexible endoscopes continues to be a major focus of infection prevention. Repair is often overlooked during the process, which can directly impact patient safety by compromising reprocessing validation. Through expertly trained service and repair specialists, an OEM delivers exceptional cost control, reduces repairs and improves equipment performance and reliability as compared to a third-party repair.
Benefits of using an OEM as compared to a third-party repair include:
- Repair processes are consistent, regulated and compliant with the FDA to ensure product repairs maintain continuity with the FDA’s 510(k) approval
- Parts, materials, tools and adhesives are from the OEM, guaranteeing compatibility of repair parts
- A rigorous testing program validates both compatibility of instruments with specific reprocessing methods and cleaning agents, as well as the efficacy of such methods for reprocessing the device
- The quality system is subject to routine audits and inspections by the FDA
- Technicians are formally and regularly trained on OEM standards
- Repairs can be performed on all Olympus equipment
Olympus takes its role in enhancing patient safety very seriously. Only the OEM can bring specifications and “like-new” functionality back to the device, ensuring maximum performance and safety. We are continuously seeking to increase the ease and efficacy of endoscope reprocessing. Our ultimate goal is not only to control infections potentially associated with endoscopy, but to prevent them.
The live webinar will be presented by Melinda Benedict, MS, CIC, CFER.
Click here to register.
# # #
About Olympus Medical Systems Group
Olympus is a global technology leader, crafting innovative optical and digital solutions in medical technologies; life sciences; industrial solutions; and cameras and audio products. Throughout our nearly 100-year history, Olympus has focused on being true to society and making people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling.
Our Medical Business works with health care professionals to combine our innovative capabilities in medical technology, therapeutic intervention, and precision manufacturing with their skills to deliver diagnostic, therapeutic and minimally invasive procedures to improve clinical outcomes, reduce overall costs and enhance quality of life for patients. For more information, visit medical.olympusamerica.com.