- A true curved, tapered, and double-action Maryland dissector/grasper design.
- Vessel sealing up to and including 7 mm, including pulmonary vessels, tissue bundles, and lymphatics.3
- Significantly better seal integrity performance in side-by-side GLP animal lab testing.3
- Fast sealing, with average seal time less than 2.8 seconds on vessels up to 7mm in diameter.
- Efficient and consistent sealing performance through greater sealing length and higher jaw pressure.4
- Equivalent tissue sticking resistance when compared to nano-coated LigaSure Maryland jaw due to POWERSEAL’s proprietary waveform and jaw construction.5
We started by ensuring the high-quality sealing you expect, and building on a form and function you’re already used to, we added both new and more intuitive features:
- 15% wider jaw aperture than LigaSure Maryland jaw for enhanced grasping & dissection capability.1
- Unique latch-on/latch-off setting capability adjusts to your surgical technique & preference.
- Off-latch setting provides audible and tactile feedback to signal sufficient jaw pressure to confidently achieve 7mm vessel sealing.
- Energy activation without requirement to fully close the jaws facilitates activation on thick tissue or spot coagulation of surface bleeders.
The result is an enhanced surgical energy experience, offering unmatched comfort, efficiency, and performance.
- 55% less squeeze force required to close the jaws without sacrificing jaw force or sealing strength.1
- Reduced reach distances to device landmarks.1
- 10% less squeeze force required to actuate cutting blade without sacrificing cutting effectiveness.1
- Latch-on option to maintain secure jaw position while grasping and retracting or sealing vessels.
The POWERSEAL™ Sealer & Divider is a bipolar electrosurgical instrument intended for use in laparoscopic/minimally invasive or open surgical procedures where ligation and division of vessels, tissue bundles, and lymphatics is desired.
POWERSEAL instruments can be used on vessels (arteries, veins, pulmonary arteries, pulmonary veins) up to and including 7 mm, lymphatics, and tissue bundles. POWERSEAL instruments are indicated for use in general surgery and such surgical specialties as urologic, colorectal, bariatric, vascular, thoracic, and gynecologic. Procedures may include, but are not limited to, Nissen fundoplication, colectomy, cholecystectomy, adhesiolysis, sleeve gastrectomy, hysterectomy, and oophorectomy.
The POWERSEAL device is intended for single use only, and reusing or re-sterilizing is ill-advised as it could cause excessive wear and degradation of device performance. Changes in material characteristics, such as corrosion, dulled edges, deformation or splitting, may impact the strength of the device. Reusing and/or re-sterilizing can also cause cross-contamination. These risks may potentially impact patient safety. The higher the current flow and the longer the current is applied, the greater the possibility of unintended thermal damage to tissue, especially during use on small appendages.
The POWERSEAL Sealer & Divider has not been shown to be effective for tubal sterilization or tubal coagulation for sterilization procedures. During surgical procedures in which patients exhibit certain types of vascular pathology e.g. atherosclerosis, aneurysmal vessels, apply the seal to unaffected vasculature for best results. As POWERSEAL utilizes Advanced Bipolar Energy, consult first with a qualified professional (e.g. cardiologist) prior to utilizing on patients who have electronic implants such as cardiac pacemakers to avoid possible hazard due to interference with electronic implant.
1. Internal test report DN0046457.
2. Based on internal test reports, and Acute & Chronic animal studies reports - DN0044705, DN0044706.
3. Based on GLP Acute & Chronic animal studies reports - DN0044705, DN0044706.
4. Based on internal Design Verification electrical & mechanical test reports - DN0046457.
5. Based on internal vessel sealing report - DN0044404.