Olympus offers a lineup of self-expanding metal stents to help achieve luminal patency in a variety of clinical applications. With a unique braiding design, the HANAROSTENT® provides an ideal balance of radial and axial force, allowing for the flexibility to conform to a patient’s anatomy and precisely target their stricture.
HANAROSTENT® Esophagus is a fully covered stent designed to be used for palliative treatment of esophageal stricture and/or trachea-esophageal fistula caused by malignant tumors.
Over-the-wire delivery system is compatible with a 0.035” or 0.038” guidewire.
Indications for Use
The HANAROSTENT® Esophagus (CCC) is indicated for application in palliative treatment of esophageal stricture and/or trachea-esophageal fistula caused by malignant tumors.
This stent is contraindicated for:
- Strictures that cannot be dilated enough to pass the delivery device.
- Chronically bleeding tumors, if bleeding is active at the time of placement.
- Patients for whom the endoscopic treatments are contraindicated.
- Multiple sites of obstruction
- Standard endoscopy contraindications
- Strictures caused by benign tumors
- Any use other than those mentioned in Indications for Use
- 4 unique gold radiopaque markers at the center of the stent allow for visualization and precise, accurate placement
- An additional 8 gold radiopaque markers on the proximal and distal ends assist with stent visualizatoin
- Hook-cross nitnol design provides optimal radial and axial force
- Dumbbell heads on both ends for anti-migration
- Fully covered body (silicone coating) and lassos on both ends to assist with stent repositioning or removal if necessary
Olympus Training & Proper Use
Olympus Continuum, is a comprehensive platform of education and training experiences led by healthcare experts from around the world. Learning opportunities include hands-on courses, online learning, lectures and workshops, peer-to-peer training, accredited continuing education, and on-demand learning.
For more information: Olympus Continuum Video