ALDAHOL® 1.8 is the result of a ground-breaking and patent-pending scientific discovery
Scientists discovered that low concentrations of isopropanol greatly enhance the mycobactericidal activity of glutaraldehyde. ALDAHOL® 1.8 was created to provide fast-acting, room-temperature and high-level disinfection for reprocessing.
10-minute, Room-Temperature (68°F), High-Level Disinfection
- Validated for material compatibility with Olympus flexible endoscopes
- Used at room temperature (68°F), ALDAHOL® 1.8 frees your facility from the time and expense of having to continuously heat chemicals resulting in lower energy costs
- Prevent damage to your scopes caused by heated chemicals
- Ideal for all flexible endoscopes, including cystology and urology scopes
- Easy to use liquid activator
- Convenient 14-day use life
- Easy to interpret Aldechek® ALDAHOL® 1.8 glutaraldehyde test strips to measure the minimum recommended concentration (MRC)
Simple to use, Fast Acting
ALDAHOL® 1.8 rinses easily from surfaces and unlike other aldehyde-based solutions it does not carry a contraindication for cystological or urological instruments.
ALDAHOL® 1.8 is a patent-pending combination of glutaraldehyde and isopropanol. It is rapidly active against all vegetative bacteria, fungi, virus types, mycobacteria, and spore-forming bacteria.
The Science Behind It
The combination of isopropanol and potassium acetate with glutaraldehyde greatly increases the killing speed of spore-forming bacteria which is fundamental to the practical germicidal properties.
Minimize exposure and contain or exhaust the fumes from all liquid chemical germicides. Always follow the label directions.