ESD: Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection - Part I & Part 2
Physicians will be introduced to ESD through topic-focused didactic and hands-on educational sessions on the safe and effective use of Olympus technology and its role in advanced endoscopy procedures.
Agenda will include:
- Open forum and roundtable discussion
- Live case observation
- Didactic presentations
- Hands-on labs
- Evaluate appropriate lesions for ESD procedures
- Demonstrate the safe and effective on label use of Olympus equipment and devices used for ESD
- Perform the appropriate steps for ESD
- Safely manage complications related to ESD
- Full portfolio of ESD knives
- NeedleMaster Injection Needle
- QuickClip Pro (hemostasis clip)
- Coagrasper (hemostatic forceps)
- ESG-300 Electrosurgical Generator
- Distal Attachments
This is an advanced course for physicians with previous exposure to ESD.
- Physician must commit to both course dates and approval must be obtained from his/her facility to complete the self study session, which includes 3 independent ex vivo or live labs.
- Physician has completed ESD training courses which include hands on with ex vivo or live models.
For example: ASGE Masters Course or equivalent, Olympus EMR/ESD course.
- Applicants must obtain a formal approval from practicing facility to start an ESD program or come from a facility with an established program.
- Extensive EMR experience preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years out of fellowship.
COURSE OFFERING 1
Part I- May 8-9, 2020
Part II - July 10-11, 2020
COURSE OFFERING 2
Part I - June 19-20, 2020
Part II - September 18-19, 2020
COURSE OFFERING 3
Part I - August 7-8, 2020
Part II - November 20-21, 2020
La Jolla, CA
COURSE OFFERING 4
Part I - December 11-12, 2020
Part II - March 12-13, 2021
The faculty listed are examples of faculty used at this course in the past. A combination of similar faculty will be used at each course.
Hiroyuki Aihara, MD, PhD
Gastroenterologist, Hepatology and Endoscopy
Brigham and Women's Hospital
Peter Draganov, MD, FASGE, ACAF, FACG
Professor of Medicine
University of Florida
Hazem Hammad, MD
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Associate Director, Advanced Endoscopy Fellowship
Section of Advanced Therapeutic Endoscopy
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology
University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
Sergey V. Kantsevoy, MD, PhD
Director, The Center for Therapeutic Endoscopy
Digestive Health and Liver Disease at Mercy
Institute for Digestive Health and Liver Disease
Mohamed O Othman, M.D.
Chief, Gastroenterology Section, BSLMC
Director of Advanced Endoscopy
Assistant Professor of Medicine - Gastroenterology and Hepatology Section
Baylor College of Medicine