ESD: Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection - Part I & Part 2
Physicians will be introduced to ESD through topic-focused didactic and hands-on educational sessions on the safe and effective use of Olympus technology and its role in advanced endoscopy procedures.
Agenda will include:
- Open forum and roundtable discussion
- Live case observation
- Didactic presentations
- Hands-on labs
- State the appropriate steps for ESD
- Evaluate appropriate lesions for ESD procedures
- Demonstrate the safe and effective on label use of Olympus equipment and devices used for ESD
- Perform appropriate steps for ESD
- Identify possible complications related to ESD
- Full portfolio of ESD knives
- NeedleMaster Injection Needle
- QuickClip Pro (hemostasis clip)
- Coagrasper (hemostatic forceps)
- Distal Attachments
- Eleview (Submucosal Injection Agent)
This is an advanced course for physicians with previous exposure to ESD.
- Physician must commit to both course dates and the self study session, which includes 3 animal labs.
- Physician has attended one of the following: ASGE-JGES Masters Course, Asian Masters, Olympus Intermediate Course or equivalent ESD Course.
- Proficient in EMR.
- Physician has approval from facility to perform self study animal lab(s).
- A minimum of 2 years out of fellowship.
COURSE OFFERING 1
Part I- April 26-27, 2019
Part II, July 26-27, 2019
COURSE OFFERING 2
Part I- June 28-29, 2019
Part II, September 27-28, 2019
COURSE OFFERING 3
Part I- August 23-24, 2019
Part II, November 8-9, 2019
COURSE OFFERING 4
Part I- December 13-14, 2019
Part II, March 20-21, 2020
La Jolla CA
The faculty listed are examples of faculty used at this course in the past. A combination of similar faculty will be used at each course.
Hiroyuki Aihara, MD, PhD
Gastroenterologist, Hepatology and Endoscopy
Brigham and Women's Hospital
Peter Draganov, MD, FASGE, ACAF, FACG
Professor of Medicine
University of Florida
Sergey V. Kantsevoy, MD, PhD
Director, The Center for Therapeutic Endoscopy
Digestive Health and Liver Disease at Mercy
Institute for Digestive Health and Liver Disease
Mohamed O Othman, M.D.
Chief, Gastroenterology Section, BSLMC
Director of Advanced Endoscopy
Assistant Professor of Medicine - Gastroenterology and Hepatology Section
Baylor College of Medicine