Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS) Super User Training
This course is designed to train nurses and technicians on the safe and effective use of Olympus Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS) equipment, with a focus on the ALOKA ARIETTA 850 ultrasound processor. Attendees will be trained in the operation of the ARIETTA 850, highlighting the processor’s advanced imaging modes. Hands-on lab stations will give trainees experience with the processor, along with the scopes and needles commonly used in EUS procedures. With a thorough overview of room setup and product reprocessing, nurses and technicians will be well equipped to support EUS procedures from start to finish.
Agenda will include:
- Participants will be instructed on the safe and effective use of the Olympus EUS technology through didactic and hands-on education sessions.Didactic presentations
- Hands-on lab stations
Upon completion of the course, participants will have an understanding of:
- The safe and effective us of Olympus EUS processors, scopes and needles, with an emphasis on the ARIETTA 850
- How to support an EUS procedure from start to finish, beginning with room setup and ending with reprocessing
- The advanced imaging technology of the ARIETTA 850
- Common Troubleshooting practices and equipment optimization and correct common equipment issues
- ALOKA ARIETTA 850 Premium Ultrasound Processor
- GF-UCT180 Curvilinear Echoendoscope
- GF-UE160-AL5 Radial Echoendoscope
- TGF-UC180J Forward-viewing Curvilinear Echoendoscope
- EZ Shot 3 Plus FNA Needles
- OER-Pro Endoscope Reprocessor
This course is designed for nurses and technicians seeking hands-on experience with Olympus EUS equipment, with an emphasis on the ARIETTA 850 ultrasound processor.
In order to register for this course, attendees must:
- Must have purchased an ARIETTA 850 ultrasound processor
- Complete pre-course survey/questionnaire
- Currently support EUS procedures as a nurse or technician
We are currently scheduling courses for 2020.
Please check back for specific dates.
The faculty listed are examples of faculty used at this course in the past. A combination of similar faculty will be used at each course.
Brian Hammann, RDMS
Mary Render, RDMS, RVT
Melissa Elliott-Walker, RTR, RDMS, RVT
Pamela Wilcox, BSN,RN,CGRN
Philippe Koenig RN, CGRN