Combining Laparoscopy & Endoscopy in Bariatric Surgery – FELLOWS Course
Training event will combine endoscopy with laparoscopic surgery in bariatric surgery through the safe and effective use of Olympus technology.
Agenda will include:
- Didactic Presentation
- Device Demonstration
- Inanimate Simulation Exercises
- Tissue Lab
- Incorporate flexible endoscopy in both diagnostic and therapeutic modalities during bariatric procedures.
- Discuss and understand management of bariatric complications
- EXERA III GASTROINTESTINAL VIDEOSCOPE & QuickClip Pro™
- ENDOEYE FLEX 2D and FLEX 3D articulating video laparoscopes
- VISERA 4K UHD System (Ultra-HD Laparoscopy)
Surgical Fellow or recent graduate
The faculty listed are examples of faculty used at this course in the past. A combination of similar faculty will be used at each course.
Rami E. Lutfi, MD, FACS
Clinical Associate Professor of Surgery, University of Illinois at Chicago
Chairman of Surgery, Mercy Hospital and Medical Center
Director of Bariatric Surgery, Chicago Institute of Advanced Bariatrics
John Magaña Morton, MD, MPH, FACS, FASMBS
Chief of Bariatric and Minimally Invasive Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine.
Director, Bariatric and Minimally Invasive Surgery Fellowship, Stanford University School of Medicine
Co-Director, Stanford Digestive Health Center
Ninh T. Nguyen, MD
Chief of Gastrointestinal Surgery and Vice Chair, Department Surgery,
University of California at Irvine Medical Center
Jaime Ponce, MD, FACS, FASMBS
Medical Director Hamilton Medical Center Bariatric Surgery